Product review: Weleda
One of the most time honoured companies around, Weleda have been making natural products since 1921. Founded by philosopher and humanitarian Rudolph Steiner, Weleda has an amazing outlook on how they do business and create amazing products.
Weleda are very particular about where they source their ingredients, in fact they are so invested in the quality and sustainability that they work with the growers as opposed to purchasing on the open market. This ensures they know the quality of the environment in which they are grown and the nature of the harvest. Because of these relationships they have been certfied by NATRUE, the most esteemed certification for organic and natural products.
We use several Weleda products at Giftcare. We love using them ourselves at home so they were always going to be a must have for our Care Boxes and Gift Sets.
The products that are included in our Gift Box range:
- Arnica Spray: Assists the body's natural recovery from bruises, muscle and ligament strains and swelling. Perfect post birth or for kids when they have bumps and tumbles.
- Calendula Nappy Change Cream: A super soft cream for sensitive bottoms, with calendula, lanolin and zinc oxide.
- Hypercal healing Cream: A cream designed for painful abrasians and cuts, perfect for after birth whether a vaginal birth or a c-section.
- Pomegranate Regenerating Hand Cream: Organic shea butter and pomegranate seed oil, full of antioxidants to help keep hands soft and promote healthy skin regeneration.
- Sage Deoderant: A sexy scented unisex body spray, aluminium free and thanks to the sage it is antimicrobial.
- Nipple Care Cream: So many goodies is this one! Aloe vera and marshmallow for softening, calendula and chamomile to soothe and nettle and horsetail for toning. This is a must have for prepping nipples for breastfeeding and soothing them once nursing has starting.
- Children's Tooth Gel: A mild minty tooth paste for kids that is free from fluoride and artifical sweetener.
One of our all time favourite brands for stocking our medicine box and our beauty cabinet. Natural, beneficial and kind. Weleda.